Live-In Caregiver Work Permit

get social with us!
how can we help you?

Contact us at our Calgary office or submit an inquiry online.

P. +1 587 966 6305

F. +1 587 791 1130

Live-In Caregiver Work Permit

Live-In Caregiver Work Permit

Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. Live-in caregivers must be authorized to work in Canada by a live-in caregiver work permit and live in the private home where they work in Canada.

Eligibility Requirements

You may be eligible to apply for a work permit under the Live-in Caregiver Program if:

  • You have not worked as a Live-In Caregiver and your employer’s LMIA was received by Service Canada before November 30, 2014
  • You have worked as a Live-In Caregiver and you want to extend and change employers who agrees to the live-in arrangement


In order to apply for a Live-In Caregiver Work Permit, you will need the following:

  • An LMIA from a Canadian employer
  • A written contract with your prospective employer


If you wish to work as a live-in caregiver but stay in your own home, you will have to apply for a regular work permit based on your employer’s positive LMIA.

Our regulated immigration consultants can review your case and give you valuable advice on how you can maximize your chances of coming to Canada. You can start by taking our FREE ASSESSMENT or contacting us here.

Need Help Getting a Visa?