Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is the economic program for persons who have already worked or studied in Canada.
To be eligible under the Canadian Experience Class, you must meet the following requirements:
You must have at least 12 months of full-time or equivalent part-time work in Canada, within 36 months of applying, in one or more occupations under the following:
- NOC skill level 0 (managerial jobs)
- NOC skill type A (professional jobs)
- NOC skill type B (technical jobs and skilled trades)
To determine the appropriate NOC occupation, you must have performed the actions described in the lead statement and performed a substantial number of main duties listed in the NOC.
You must have Temporary Resident Status during the period of work or any period of study or training in Canada.
You must have official and valid language test results that meet the minimum language level required, based on your NOC Skill Type or Level.
- NOC skill level 0 or NOC skill type A: at least CLB level 7 on all four abilities
- NOC skill type B: at least CLB level 5 on all four abilities
You can take any of the following tests approved by ICCRC:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program)
Language test results must not be more than 2 years old on the day you submit your application to be considered valid.
You must have the intention to reside in any province or territory in Canada, other than the province of Quebec.