Live-In Caregiver Permanent Residence

get social with us!
how can we help you?

Contact us at our Calgary office or submit an inquiry online.

P. +1 587 966 6305

F. +1 587 791 1130


Live-In Caregiver Permanent Residence

Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision.

Eligibility Requirements

You may be eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada if you have the following work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program:

  • 24 months of authorized full-time live-in employment, or
  • 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment. You can complete these hours within a minimum of 22 months; and
  • the work experience must be acquired within four years of your date of arrival.

Applying for your family at the same time

You and your family members can apply for permanent residence and get permanent resident status at the same time, whether they are living with you in Canada, or abroad.

All your family members must first pass an admissibility assessment before you can receive permanent resident status. When you receive your permanent resident status, your family members will receive immigrant visas from the visa office in their home country.

Applying for an open work permit at the same time

You can apply for an open work permit at the same time that you apply for permanent resident status. Once granted, the open work permit will allow you to take any job with any employer, while you are waiting for permanent residence.

Live-In Caregiver Pathways

You may also be eligible to apply for permanent residence under the following Live-In Caregiver Pathways, for quicker processing of permanent residence:

Caring for Children Pathway
Read more
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway
Read more

Our regulated immigration consultants can assess your qualifications and give you valuable advice on how to maximize your chances of coming to Canada. You can start by taking our FREE ASSESSMENT or contacting us here.

Need Help Getting A Visa?