Caring for Children Pathway

get social with us!
how can we help you?

Contact us at our Calgary office or submit an inquiry online.

P. +1 587 966 6305

F. +1 587 791 1130

Live-In Caregiver Caring for Children

Caring for Children Pathway

The Caring for Children Pathway is one of the two special Live-In Caregiver programs that could lead to permanent residence in just 6 months.

You may be eligible to apply under the Caring for Children Pathway if you have the following work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program:

Eligibility Requirements

  • You must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada as a home child care provider in the four years (48 months) before you apply
  • Your work experience as a home child care provider must meet the definition in the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) Group 4411.
  • You must have cared for children under the age of 18, whether in your own home or in your employer’s home (you do not need to have lived in your employer’s home to qualify).

You must have official and valid language test results in English or French that meet the minimum language level equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 for all four language abilities.

You can take any of the following tests approved by ICCRC:

For English:

For French:

Language test results must not be more than 2 years old on the day you submit your application to be considered valid.

You must have:

  • a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year, OR
  • a completed foreign credential with an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), with the report showing that your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year, issued by an approved IRCC agency.

Here’s a list of IRCC’s designated organizations for ECAs:

Our regulated immigration consultants can assess your qualifications and give you valuable advice on how to maximize your chances of coming to Canada. You can start by taking our FREE ASSESSMENT or contacting us here.

Need Help Getting a Visa?