Sponsor a Parent

get social with us!
how can we help you?

Contact us at our Calgary office or submit an inquiry online.

P. +1 587 966 6305

F. +1 587 791 1130

Sponsor a Parent

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may sponsor a parent, grandparent and their dependent children or grandchildren under the Family Class Program. 

Who can be a SPONSOR?

To be eligible as a SPONSOR, you must be:

  • A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • At least 18 years old, and
  • A resident of Canada (exceptions apply)

Sponsors of parents/ grandparents and their dependents are also required to meet the Minimum Necessary Income for their corresponding family size.

Aside from these, a sponsor must sign a Sponsorship Undertaking, an agreement with the Canadian government, which states their willingness and ability to financially support their sponsored family member/s for the period of the undertaking, which is 20 years from the time the sponsored parent/ grandparent and their accompanying family members become permanent residents.

Who can be SPONSORED?

Under the parent/ grandparent sponsorship, the sponsored family member/s must be:

  • the sponsor’s parent/s
  • the sponsor’s grandparent/s
  • the parent/ grandparent’s dependent child or grandchild, if any


Sponsoring a family member can be a complex process. Sponsorship requirements vary depending on the relationship between the sponsor and the principal applicant, and it is very important that applicants are fully aware of these requirements before sending their applications.

Our regulated immigration consultants have the knowledge and experience in preparing sponsorship applications. We will determine what you need to prepare based on your specific circumstance and put together a complete and cohesive application that will improve your chances of success.

You can start by taking our FREE ASSESSMENT or contacting us here.